AVK offers the two most common types of penstocks, wall and channel penstocks. They come in sizes ranging from 150x150 up to 2000x2000, with a rising or non-rising stem, as well as different mounting configurations and material combinations. There are also many different types of extensions and actuators to accentuate the penstocks. There are many more penstocks available in the range such as swing check penstocks, stop logs and weir penstocks.
The wall penstocks are bi-directional with sizes ranging up to 1200x1200 and are available as bi-directional and uni-directional in larger sizes.The channel penstocks are standard uni-directional with sizes ranging up to 1000x1000 and bi-directional in larger sizes.The heavy-duty construction ensures long service life and the modular design makes it possible to offer customized penstocks.
Unique sealing design
Self – cleaning guides of HMWPE (high molecular weight polyethylene) reduce the friction during operation giving easy operation and extended seal durability.
The self-adjusting “lip design” sealing seals without the need of wedges. This gives small torques during opening and closing, which allows the use of a smaller size actuator than typically required. Moreover, it does not require on site adjustments and it prevents vibration during operation.
- Lower leakage rate than maximum allowable in DIN 19569-4 (class 5): 1,20 L/minimum per seating meter.
- Self-cleaning guides of UHMWPE reduce the friction during performance resulting in easy operation and extended seal durability.
- Self-adjusting "lip-design" sealing with no need for on-site adjustments.
- Wedge-less design results in low opening and closing torques.
- Frame,slide and stem in stainless steel as standard, optional in acid-resistant stainless steel.
- A wide product range with possibility for customized solutions.
"With our penstocks, we now have a comprehensive product range for wastewater treatment, pumping stations and collection of wastewater which enables us to offer a complete package for projects as well as for daily business" says Bo Ellerup, Product Manager for wastewater treatment at AVK International.