Knife gate valves are designed mainly for on-off and isolation services in systems with high content of suspended solids.The knife gate valves are especially beneficial for handling slurry, viscous, corrosive and abrasive media.
The valves have a minimized pressure drop in fully open position, they are easy to actuate, they have a relatively low weight and are cost effective. Knife gate valves are designed to work in some of the most harsh environments, typically having a sharpened blade to cut through heavy liquids. They are especially useful in wastewater applications where corrosion is an important issue. So,in addition to the valve design optimised for slurry media, it is beneficial to have a knife made of acid-proof stainless steel as this makes it less susceptible to damages caused by corrosion and as a consequence it needs less frequent maintenance or even replacement.
AVK knife gate valves are designed with full bore without reduction of the flow and with plain bottom preventing sediment from being accumulated and obstructing a drop tight closure. AVK knife gate valves are available with a body of ductile iron and a seat of EPDM as the standard option. Other materials can be added such as seat of viton, PTFE, NBR, natural rubber or polyurethane depending on the service medium and the temperature at operation. They are all treated with fusion bonded epoxy coating for optimal protection.
Features of the Knife gate valve
- Uni-directional and Bi-directional
- Full bore for greater flow capacity and minimal pressure drop
- U-shaped reinforced EPDM sealing
- Gate supports integrated in the body
- Stainless steel gate polished both sides to avoid jamming and seat damage
- Slim design and low weight
- Encaged stem with yokes prepared for inductive censors and micro switches
- Replaceable top packing gland